As with other positions within this ministry, the Operations Support Specialist is known for their strong Christian character. This person sets an example for younger believers or non-believers and lives a life that is above reproach. Since they are in full agreement with the Statement of Faith of Mentoring Alliance, they recognize that a life consistent with our Christian heritage is of paramount importance.
The primary function of the Operations Support Specialist is to provide bookkeeping and administrative support to the Finance and Accounting Manager, HR Manager, Facilities & IT Manager, and Vice President of Operations and Analytics as directed.
KEY RESULT AREAS
Minister of the Gospel:
The Operations Support Specialist position is first and foremost considered to be a Minister of the Gospel. This position furthers Mentoring Alliance's religious mission by:
- Exhibiting a passion for sharing Jesus and the gospel.
- Following Jesus Christ and witnessing and ministering for Him.
- Being able to explain the message of the gospel to kids and families of Mentoring Alliance.
- Being willing to counsel, shepherd, and disciple kids and families of Mentoring Alliance in a manner consistent with the Bible.
- Being willing and able to explain Mentoring Alliance's beliefs and Statement of Faith in person or over the phone to kids and families of Mentoring Alliance.
- Being ready, willing, and able to lead or contribute to distinctly Christian activities (including, but not limited to, worship or staff chapel).
Administrative Support for the Operations Team Leaders:
- Assists the Finance and Accounting Manager with bookkeeping support for data entry, reconciliation, accounts receivables/payables, payroll, and other functions with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
- Assists the HR Manager with recruiting, applicant screening, onboarding, benefits administration, staff training, and other functions while demonstrating a Christ-centered service to staff.
- With a servant-hearted approach, assists the Facilities & IT Manager with vendor communications, scheduling, supplies, ordering, and receiving.
- Coordinates scheduling, supplies, testing, and reporting for health and safety. Orders supplies and performs replenishment activities.
Administrative Support of Vice President of Operations & Analytics:
- Provides administrative and organizational support with a grace-filled, Jesus-following attitude.
- Organizes meetings, including scheduling, creating agendas, sending reminders, and organizing food, speakers, travel when necessary.
- Uses various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports, presentations, and/or special projects.
- Prepares communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports, and other correspondence.
- Writes and edits documents from letters to reports and instructional documents with a bias toward detailed correctness while living out our grace-based core value.
Facility Use Coordination:
- Coordinates availability, supplies, vendors, and staff as needed in order to ensure the proper and safe operation of all facility services, sites, and programs.
- Provides prayerful recommendations and seeks purchase approval from the Vice President of Operations for all facility operations seeking to maximize the resources God provides to the ministry
- Creates and maintains records of facility access and alarm controls, including the coordination of alarm code vendors in collaboration with the Facilities & IT Manager.
- Responds to infrequent after-hour needs as needed.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Serves on appropriate committees; attends staff meetings and other staff functions.
- Strengthens teamwork, collaboration, alignment, morale, transparency, credibility, and trust throughout the ministry.
- Fulfills necessary tasks, projects, or roles as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree or equivalent required, Bachelor's degree preferred in HR, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or a related field of study
- At least two years of general clerical/secretarial/administrative experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) or equivalent at an advanced level
- Prefer 1-2 years of practical experience doing bookkeeping, detailed business work, finance office work, or financial reconciliation
- Must possess excellent professional organization and written/oral communication skills
- Must be a detail-oriented person with wonderful people and relationship building skills
At Mentoring Alliance, we pride ourselves on the fringe benefits we are able to offer our full-time employees. These benefits include:
- Competitive Salaries
- Insurance Premiums Paid 100% by Mentoring Alliance*
- Health Insurance with a $0 deductible*
- Dental Insurance*
- Term Life, Short-term & Long-Term Disability, and AD&D Insurance*
- Affordable Vision Insurance
- 401K Safe Harbor Plan (fully vested from the first day of eligibility)
- Generous Holiday and Paid Time Off
- Educational Reimbursement
- Program Enrollment Benefit
- Children of MA's core staff team are eligible to enroll in any of MA's programs at no cost.
- 21% off of personal ATT bill
- 8% off of personal Verizon bill
- Performance Reviews
- 3 formal reviews per year
- Monthly informal reviews
- Staff Events
- Weekly Staff Chapel
- Quarterly Staff Events (service projects, fun activities, etc.)
- Birthday Celebrations
- Staff Retreats
- Best Christian Workplace Survey
Please read each paragraph below.
I certify that I have not purposely withheld any information that might adversely affect my chances for hiring. I attest to the fact that the answers given by me are true & correct to the best of my knowledge and ability. I understand that any omission (including any misstatement) of material fact on this application or on any document used to secure can be grounds for rejection of the application or if I am employed by this employer, terms for my immediate expulsion from Mentoring Alliance.
I understand that if I am employed, my employment is at-will and that Mentoring Alliance expressly reserves the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any lawful reason whatsoever, with or without cause and with or without notice.
I permit the employer to examine my references, record of employment, education record, and any other information I have provided. I authorize the references I have listed to disclose any information related to my work record and my professional experiences with them, without giving me prior notice of such disclosure. In addition, I release the company, my former employers & all other persons, corporations, partnerships & associations from any & all claims, demands, or liabilities arising out of or in any way related to such examination or revelation.
By applying for this position, you are indicating that you agree with and have read the paragraphs above. By applying for this position, you also attest that all of the information you will give in this application is true and correct.